Are you looking to join a fast-growing marketing agency where you can make a direct impact on growth, clients, and more? We are looking for a passionate, quick-thinking, and talented designer to join our team.
Who We Are
A growing team hell-bent on helping midwest businesses reach their business goals through creative marketing.
Who You Are
A web designer that wants to do more than just meet the status quo; you thrive off collaboration and strive to set a higher standard for design every day.
Dependent on experience/value, starting at $43,000.
Full-time. Would consider part-time for the right candidate.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with strategists to design and execute functional and effective websites.
- Translate client goals and opportunities into visually appealing websites and graphics.
- Develop and/or match the brand look and feel of various brands, ensuring that they are unique to their industry and designed to appeal to their respective target audience.
- Update and maintain websites, troubleshooting as needed.
- Create site graphics for websites, landing pages, emails, and social media.
- Be a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can adapt quickly, and work both independently and collaboratively.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
The qualifications, education, and type of experience for you to be successful in this role.
- A two-year degree in web design, graphic design, or a related field and at least three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Confidence in designing and implementing websites on WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Comfortable with HTML/CSS.
- Excellent communication skills and receptiveness to feedback, along with the ability to give feedback constructively.
- A strategic mindset – the ability to manage your time while solving problems and creating goal-oriented solutions.
- A lifelong learner – eager to adapt and learn new technologies or approaches, views feedback as a way to grow, and is consistently looking to improve.
- Motivated to thrive within a growing startup environment.
- The ability to be quick-thinking and contribute ideas throughout the process, from ideation to launch.
- Excel within the Adobe Creative Suite.
Nice to Haves
Things that would add even more value to your role here at HexaHive.
- Previous agency or freelance experience.
- SEO knowledge.
- Experience on other website platforms such as Divi, Squarespace, or Wix.
- A desire to lead website design/development as we grow.
Why Work With Us
The perks, benefits, and environment you can expect here.
- Time for you. We require 35 hours of billable work each week as long as goals are being met and communication isn’t suffering. Anything above that can be used for training, getting organized, flex time with family, and balancing out what you need to succeed.
- Unlimited time off. With their supervisor’s approval, team members are allowed unlimited paid time off to encourage a flexible and balanced workload.
- 100% health insurance coverage for employees (dependants/spouse not included).
- We’re flexible. You can work from home up to 40% of the time as long as it doesn’t impact day-to-day performance.
- We’ll provide a Simple IRA match of up to 3% of your annual salary each year for retirement savings.
- 100% coverage of hardware and software, including the choice between Mac or Windows for equipment.
- Shared success. As long as our needs as a company are met, we’ll share the success of our hard work through bonuses.
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave so that you can focus on what matters most – your family.
- Team happy hours, potlucks, and events. We believe that a productive team is one that can laugh, eat, and hang out together.
- Continuing Education Allowance – we’re always trying to grow and improve; we’ll prioritize any training and education necessary to help you succeed.
- Favorite snacks and drinks on hand – whether it’s La Croix, White Claws, jerky, or fruit snacks – we’ll make sure to have all the essentials on-hand.
Ready to Apply?
Shoot us an email and introduce yourself, your resume, and your portfolio to [email protected]. We’ve already begun screening for this and will continue until we find the right addition for our small-knit team.